Still, it has been a pleasure to share the things I’ve learned this month with you, and to hear about some of your experiences, too. Here are some of the most popular posts from this month and some of the most insightful things you had to say about them. Read on for the winner of our Gift from the Sea give-away and resources for more self-reflection.
Our Most Popular Posts This Month
A Few Stand-Out Comments This Month
- Jennifer: “Reflecting on life and the shape it’s taking isn’t something I always make enough time for, but whenever I do sit down to devote serious time to reflecting on where I’ve come from, what’s going on now, and what aspects are puzzling or problematic, I always come away feeling refreshed and with a better sense of how to cope practically.”
- Kristin: “It was only in retrospect that I realized I had been sort of out of control in so many ways that it had just become normal to rush through everything. I just never made the connection to my mental health until after the fact.”
- Philosopohotarian: “It is so natural to feel ashamed when we fail and you’re right when you insist that what we need is not more shame but compassionate support so that, when we’re ready, we can dare to try again.”
- 5 Ways to Collect Your Happy Thoughts
- 10 Lies You Tell Yourself and How to See Through Them</li>
- 10 Ways Your Body Tells You You’re Stressed and What You Can Do about It
- Building an Emotional Support System
- An Evening Reflection Ritual
- The Examined Life
- How to Live in the Moment
- Make Yourself an Emotional First-Aid Kit
- You Might Be Depressed and Not Even Know It
Still Want to Learn More?
1. Check out our Month of Self-Reflection Pinterest Board.
Follow along for more updates.
2. Browse our archives for more posts about looking and feeling sharp.
Winner of Gift from the Sea
Thanks so much to everyone who participated. (The comments were all so heart-felt I had to use a random number generator to pick a winner!) If you didn’t win, don’t worry. We’ll be giving away a book a month, so stay tuned.
Our Month of Self-Giving starts on Friday. Look for reflections about self-sacrifice, helping friends cope with mental illness, and an interview about life as a volunteer EMT.
You can get involved in our Twelve Months to a Better Woman project, too. Write a guest post. Send in a suggestion. Link up. Or join our community of more than 400 followers via e-mail, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.